We love offering our clients the best tools to benefit their unique minds and bodies, instead of applying a one-size-fits-all approach. Learning yoga, mindfulness or art therapy via Viber is a bit like watching a smart DVD. You get all the remote learning benefits, but you can also pause and ask questions if there is anything you don’t understand or when you feel stuck.
Isn’t it a bit… remote?
We actually feel the complete opposite. Yoga, mindfulness or art therapy sessions conducted online often have a real freshness to them. To many of us this style of communication has become second nature now, and in some cases it seems to encourage people that are naturally more introverted to come out of their shells and ask questions, we love this!
With yoga how do you ensure people are aligned correctly?
As long as you set yourself up so that your teacher can see your whole body, then they can easily see what is going on as you move in and out of the asana (poses). This enables your teacher to easily tailor and adjust the practice just as we do for our studio based sessions. Our teachers all use high quality equipment so that we are able to stand away from the camera and demonstrate what is being taught.
What happens if I have internet issues?!
We never book in back to back remote sessions, this gives us the ability to extend your class if we experience intermittent connectivity issues. If either you or your teacher have a major outage, we will reconnect with you by an alternative means to re-arrange the session. Remote classes enable a level of flexibility not previously possible when home sessions were the only option.
I like the sound of this, what do I need to get up and running?
- The Viber Application needs to be installed on your device apps exist for all major platforms such as Windows, OSX, iOS & Android
- You need a decent internet connection (Broadband, Fibre, or even 4G will work)
- A private space in your home free from distractions
- Dependent on your mobility it is recommended that you use either a yoga mat or a suitable chair, for new clients it also recommended that you keep a few cushions or pillows nearby which can be used if pose modifications are required.
I like to know all the details, tell me more about Rakuten Viber …
Rakuten Viber is a telecommunications service that integrates instant messaging and voice over IP (VoIP). It is now owned and operated by Japanese multinational company Rakuten. Viber is provided as freeware for the Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS platforms. It requires a telephone computer to operate. In addition to instant messaging it allows users to exchange media such as images and videos. Viber has over 800 million registered users, the software was originally developed by Israel-based Viber Media that was bought by Rakuten in 2014.
Viber was one of the first services to introduce stickers for its instant message service and charges users for the privilege of using them. In a similar way to Skype Viber also offers a paid service to make calls to other people that are using a normal phone service. Viber Out does cost extra and requires the user to buy credits.
Why take yoga, mindfulness or art therapy classes via Viber?
- You live in a remote location where it is hard to get to a yoga teacher or art therapist
- You have a busy schedule and you would like to minimise the time that you spend travelling
- You often travel for work and want to integrate your sessions within your lifestyle
- You’re recovering from an injury and need to rebuild and restore at home
- You’re a complete beginner and would feel more comfortable taking your first steps in your own space